The obstetrics / gynecology department foster acquisition of the competencies required for the practice of the discipline & dealing with emergencies as well as common & serious problems.
We strive to provide a set of learning experiences, in specific setting, designed to master the presented basic curriculum objectives in accordance with local conditions to meet local needs. The student works as a member of a health care team and develops good interpersonal skills in dealing with patient and the health care team.
- Develop the required interpersonal skills in working with patients and their families, peers, doctors, nurses and other members of the health care team.
- Recognize , alleviate and consider psychosocial and economic concerns of patients in their management
- Refine skills in obtaining a pertinent history and physical examination with emphasis on the psycho - social , reproductive anatomy and pathology and neonatal and newborn evaluation,
- Train, supervise, guide and direct performances of the health care team members.
- Develop skills in the sterile obstetrical scrub in, gloving and dressing techniques.
- Working within a health care team to evaluate their management i.e. History physical Examination and professional attitude and Behavior
- Identify and adopt softy measurers in hospital practice to ensure protection for his patients, colleagues, as well as for him, against serious hospital transmitted infections.
- Care for counseling patients about their diseases.
- Develop rapport, trust and ethical therapeutic relationships with patients and families
- Develop a common understanding on issues, problems and plans with patients and families, colleagues and other professionals to develop a shared plan of care
- To emphasize the importance of time management and suggest activities to cope with uncertainty, adapt to change