Medical Education Development Center
EDC Vision :
Leading center in professional development, educational innovation, and scholarship for quality of Medical and health professions education.
Designs, implements, and evaluates programs to develop and sustain excellence in medical and health education, facilitate educational strategies and building capacity for medical and health profession staff of the University through evidence based and scholarly approach to Quality enhancement.
- Curriculum , courses and their evaluation
- Continuous professional development
- Students’ assessment
- Medical education researches
Basic Faculty Enhancement Workshops
EDC provides basic mandatory training workshops to build the capacity of the medical and health staff in the university in curriculums and course design, teaching and learning, Students’ assessment, scientific writing and publication:
- Introduction to Medical Education
- curriculum and course design
- Effective lecturing:
- Small group Teaching
- E- learning - the beginning
- Students’ assessment (1) :Blue print
- Students’ assessment (2) written Questions
- Students’ assessment (3) Clinical assessment
- Students’ assessment (4) standard setting
- Scientific writing and publication
- EDC has remarkable work on evaluation and development of the medical curriculum through the different curriculum committees.
- EDC play major role in renovate teaching during COVID-19 from face to face to distance teaching through training of the staff on different methods of E- learning
Other training workshops:
Students support and Academic Supervision
Accreditation and Quality in medical Schools
Evidence –based medicine
Team –based learning
Problem –based learning
Essentials in biostatistics
Any training workshop suggests by Medical and health faculties achieve the EDC general objective.